Palm Beach County Home Page
Florida Department of Children and Families
Click here for the
Florida Department of Children and Families website.
The Department offers services in the following program areas:
- Abuse Hotline - Services for victims of abuse and neglect.
- Adult Services - Services for frail, elderly and disabled adults who are at risk or are victims of abuse, neglect, or exploitation and disabled adults who need assistance to remain in their own homes in the community.
- Child Abuse Prevention - Information about the implementation of Florida's Five Year Plan for the prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Child Care - Help for children in need.
- Community-Based Care
- Community Services
- DCF Publications & Forms
- Developmental Disabilities - Assists people who have developmental disabilities and their families. Program administered by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
- Domestic Violence - Helping to create a seamless system that addresses the diverse needs of domestic violence victims and families in crisis.
- Economic Services/ ACCESS Florida - Food Stamp, Medicaid and financial assistance to eligible people.
- Electronic Benefits Transfer
- Foster Care
- Homelessness - Provides coordination on interagency issues related to the homeless, and offers assistance to support the operation of emergency shelters, build transitional and supportive permanent housing and to promote a continuum of care approach to local homeless service providers.
- Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children - The ICPC Document Library
- Mental Health - Services for people with emotional problems and mental illness.
- Refugee Services - Offers a variety of services to refugees, asylees, Cuban/Hatian entrants and victims of human trafficking to provide the effective resettlement of the new arrivals and assist them in achieving economic self-sufficiency.
- Strengthening Families - Focuses on child well-being by supporting healthy family formations, preventing family disruptions and securing permanent families for children.
- Substance Abuse - Services for people with alcohol and drug related dependencies.